Community Cable Access Television
Webster Cable Access Television - WCA TV 12
The Town of Webster's Government channel is available to residents who receive cable service through Time Warner Cable / Spectrum. It is only available in the Webster 14580 zip code. Therefore, if you live outside the Webster limits, you can still view our programs via the "Watch Town Meetings" link on the main homepage.
** Important Programming Notice **
On January 13, 2017, Time Warner Cable will be transitioning to an all-digital format. What does this mean for residents?
- If you already have a set-top converter box or digital adapter (Cisco brand) from Time Warner Cable, the format change will not impact you.
- Devices that use the free TWC TV app will allow Time Warner Cable customers to continue viewing all channels.
- Customers who have a TV with a built in digital cable tuner will continue to be able to view programming without extra equipment. It may be necessary to perform a new channel scan.
A built-in digital tuner allows your TV to get digital or HD channels. The majority, but not all, of TV’s that were made after 2006 have a digital "QAM" tuner built in.
- You can search online by make/model of your TV or check the TV’s owner’s manual for specific model information related to what type of tuner is present in your TV.
- An example of what the manual may say if the TV has a QAM tuner:
- “Built in digital tuner (ATSC/Clear QAM), or NTSC/QAM“
- Additionally, if your TV remote has the (.) or (-) symbol button for tuning or is able to display channels such as 5.12, your TV likely has a QAM tuner.
- If you have an older TV that does not have a built-in tuner, and you don't already have a converter box/digital adapter, you will need to contact Time Warner.
- For 2017, Time Warner will give you two HD receivers for free. But, after that year, it will be $4.99 a month for each box.
If you’d like more information on how to receive a free digital receiver from Time Warner Cable, you can call them at 1-844-242-9924.
Here is how to find Cable 12, along with the School District's Channel 15:
- If you have a cable box or DVR, you will find Cable Channels 12, and 15 on the regular channel lineup.
- If you don’t have a cable box, and the cable line runs directly into a TV, you will have to do a channel re-scan. Check your owner’s manual for instructions on how to do this. Once you have completed the scan, Cable 12 (Town) will be on Digital Channel 5.12, and Cable 15 (School) will be on Digital Channel 5.15.
Webster Community Access Television (WCA-TV) is a community television station that broadcasts:
- LIVE Town Government meetings including Town, Zoning, and Planning Boards
- Monthly Electronic Town Meetings
- Informational programming from Government sources like NASA, and NYS Dept. of Health
- Local events including parades
- Religious services on Sundays from local churches
- Special Reports and documentaries
- Classic television shows & movies
Community announcements from non-profit organizations can be submitted via phone
call: 872-6277 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The community calendar runs daily on Cable 12.
It also features Town notices for residents, events taking place at the Town's library, and ongoing events within the community.
The local cable access channels for Webster are Channel 12, WCA-TV and Channel 15, WETV.
The cable channels have been in existence since the early 1980's and are operated out of the Time Warner hub building in the town. The Town's access channel receives funding from cable franchise fees collected by Time Warner Cable / Spectrum.
In January 1993, the Webster Community Access Station became an official department of the Town of Webster. The Webster School District oversees Channel 15, which broadcasts school-related events, including live sports, school's morning announcement shows, and concerts.
To reach the Cable 12 station: call: 872-6277 or email: email@example.com
The station is located at 1000 Picture Parkway, off of Hard Rd.