We are happy to announce our reopening with limited services starting Monday, July 6! A lot has gone on since we last welcomed you into the Library. Here’s what you need to know:
• Our new, temporary summer hours: Monday & Wednesday, 9 am – 5 pm Tuesday & Thursday, 11 am – 7 pm Friday, 9 am – 1 pm
• We would like to reserve Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 9 – 10 am as time for those at higher risk (such as older adults and those with compromised immune systems) to come to the Library and limit their exposure. If you are not in this category, we ask that you please refrain from visiting us in that time period to help keep our community healthy.
• Masks must be worn in the building. Our staff will be wearing them as well. Thank you for helping keep each other safe!
• Currently, there is NO computer access available. This includes the public computers, catalog computers, job search, ancestry, and local history computers. We can assist with printing or copying on a limited basis at the Reference Desk—just see a librarian for assistance!
• Our study rooms and community room are closed and not currently accepting reservations. We are using these spaces to quarantine our returned books to protect our staff and patrons.
• Our indoor bookdrop for returning items is closed—please return all items through the drive-up bookdrop outside our building.
• Our space will look different than you might remember it. We have installed plexiglass at service points and floor decals to help with social distancing. Much of our furniture has been rearranged or removed to help with this as well. We have a self-checkout machine located in the Children’s Room, available to anyone who wants to use it.
• Our Children’s Room has removed all the toys and our Early Learning Center will remain closed for the time being. We apologize for the inconvenience! If you bring your kids to the library, there’s a contactless scavenger hunt for them to participate in while you search for books, as well as craft activities to take home and work on!
• In-person library programs remain suspended for now. We still have a wonderful array of virtual programs to choose from and add more all the time—take a look: https://www.websterlibrary.org/adults/events-classes/
• Don’t forget our YouTube channel, with materials for ALL ages! https://www.youtube.com/user/WebsterPublicLibrary/featured
• The mobile DMV on Mondays has suspended its service for the remainder of this year.
• We are beginning to accept book donations on July 13!
• Our contactless Drive-Up, Pick-Up Service is still available anytime we are open! Call us at (585) 872-7075 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your library card number with your requests! Please limit requests to 5 items at this time.
And finally, a huge heartfelt thank you to our wonderful community for the overwhelming support and understanding the entire time we have been closed. This has not been an easy time for anyone, but we have all felt our wonderful Webster community rally around us. The messages of love and appreciation on social media, in emails about our curbside service, when picking up books, over the phone—they have made us smile and kept us going strong! We will continue to do the best we can to have a safe place for both our community and our staff. We are adjusting to the new standards with you all in mind and will continue to restore our services as we are able. Thank you for being with us every step along the way!
Parks & Recreation Update: Life looks a little different lately - but it can still feel the same! Announcing Webster Parks and Recreation's NEW YouTube channel with a variety of "At Home Exercise Videos" featuring your favorite WPRD Instructors! Be sure to subscribe and check back for updates regularly!
Most importantly - stay safe, stay healthy and stay engaged! We hope to see you all soon!