The Finance Department is responsible for managing the day-to-day financial affairs of the Town of Webster. The Finance Department is committed to providing the highest levels of financial services.
Responsibilities of the Finance Department include:
- Payroll processing, provides employee benefit administration, information and reporting
- Accounts payable processes all payments (vendor payment schedule)
- Monthly budget and financial reporting to departments and agencies
- Maintaining the town fixed asset records
- Annual audit and financial statements
- Accounts receivable
The Finance Director reviews operations to ensure compliance with all applicable governmental accounting standards, including Federal, State and Local laws. The Finance Director works closely with the Town Supervisor (Chief Fiscal Officer), town board and all town departments. Planning, monitoring and reporting on monthly and annual operating and special district budgets and finances. The Finance Director also oversees and coordinates the purchase of goods and services, employee contracts and benefits, in compliance with State Law.