What should I do if my sewer is plugged?
The town is responsible for keeping the main sewer lines clear and running. If you have a slow acting drain, you will need to call a plumber. If it is backing up into your toilet or washtub or is under pressure, then contact the Sewer Department at (585) 265-0505. The department is only responsible for the clean-out in the right of way to the main sewer line.

Show All Answers

1. How are sewers placed in the town?
2. Where is my sewer lateral?
3. What should I do if my sewer is plugged?
4. What causes sewer odors in the house?
5. What is the purpose of a vapor trap?
6. What is the purpose of the roof vent?
7. What causes blockages to occur?
8. How do I tell if it is a problem with the house or the sewer system?
9. Whom do I call if I have a sewer problem?
10. Is my home or property connected to the Town's sanitary sewer system?
11. What is the difference between a sanitary sewer and a storm sewer