If you are currently employed as a New York State certified full-time police officer with a permanent civil service classification, and you are interested in employment with the Webster Police Department, you may be eligible to be hired as a lateral transfer. To be eligible you must:
- Have a clean service record
- Have been hired from a valid New York State civil service list
- Have successfully completed the Municipal Police Training Council Basic Academy
- Successfully complete the civil service probation with your current employer
If you are interested in being considered as a lateral transfer police officer to the Webster Police Department please forward a resume to the attention of:
Chief Joseph P. Rieger
Webster Police Department
1000 Ridge Rd.
Webster, NY 14580
Based on an opinion rendered by the New York State Department of Civil Service
, the Webster Police Department is unable to accept lateral transfers from the following categories of police officers:
- S.U.N.Y. Police Officers
- New York State Troopers
- New York City Police Officers
Sworn personnel from these categories are still eligible to take the civil service entrance examination and continue with the selection process.