Superintendent of Highways
1005 Picture Pkwy.
Ph: (585) 872-1443
Office hours (approximately Oct. 1st to April 30th) M-F 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Summer hours (approximately from May 1st to Sept. 30) M-Th 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Fri. 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
The Highway Department is responsible for the maintenance of:
- 128.43 miles of Town roads and climbing
- 396.49 lane miles of roadway within the town, including 108 lane miles of county roads
- All drainage and appurtenances that convey water including:
- 103 water management facilities
- Approximately 1,100 miles of storm sewers
- More than 77 miles of creeks / streams
- Over 3,000 catch basins
Our goal is to offer the highest level of service and maintain the best roadway system while integrating the newest technologies and methods to obtain this objective.
The department also provides:
The Highway Department maintains an elite drainage system
and focuses on water quantity and quality.