Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please submit the information listed below, along with your check made out to the Town of Webster. Drop off or mail to our office: Dept. of Public Works, 1000 Ridge Road, Webster, NY 14580.
1. A copy of the survey of the property.
2. A sketch of the floor plan of the house showing the extent of the area to be used for the business and the house's total square footage.
3. A letter that clearly and concisely explains the business you are proposing, the intensity and whether customers will come into the house.
4. Any signage proposed and its location.
5. Any other information you wish to include.
1. The property is in full compliance with the provisions of Webster Town Code Chapter 225, and;
2. Is incidental, secondary, and/or subordinate to the use of the dwelling unit for residential purposes, and ;
3. No other major home occupation is conducted on the premises, and;
4. Is carried on by a person residing in the dwelling unit as principal residence, and;
5. Has no more than one (1) employee, whether full-time or part-time and whether paid or unpaid, who is not a resident residing on the premises, and;
6. The floor area devoted or used for a home occupation shall not be more than twenty-five (25) percent of the ground area of the principal structure, excluding any accessory building or structure, or five hundred (500) square feet, whichever is less, and;
7. There shall be no exterior display or storage of goods, materials, equipment, or inventory, and;
8. Except for one permitted identification or advertising sign not exceeding two (2) square feet in area and not more than five (5) feet above grade or ground level which otherwise is in full compliance with the provision of Webster Town Code Chapter 178, there shall be no identification of the home occupation or advertising sign, and;
9. Generates no additional need for additional off-street parking, and;
10. Uses no equipment which would not customarily be used by the occupants of a dwelling unit, and;
11. The Fire Marshall and Building Inspector certify that the structures and proposed use comply with the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code as applicable to the Town of Webster [Code of the Town of Webster Chapter 124].
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field